Dr. Ambedkar Studies Center
Dr. Ambedkar Studies Centre was established during Xth Plan Period Under the scheme of Epoch Making Social Thinkers of India
Goals/Objectives Of the Centre
- To undertake major / minor research projects pertaining to especially the local issues & problems in the region.
- To organize Seminars / Conferences / Workshops/& disseminate advanced knowledge among students and spread awreness among the public.
- To provide opportunities & encourage students for carrying on research works.
- To develop orientation among the students for social work in backward communities.
- To undertake extension activities & establish linkage with the local communities.
- To encourage the students for various competitive examinations i.e. SET/ NET/MPSC/UPSC etc.
- To strengthen research in the thrust area of the Centre namely: Underdevelopment of Marginalized Communities, Rural & Urban Society In India.
- To impart qualitative higher knowledge & guidance to the students in the subject at MA; M.Phil & Ph.D levels.
- The Center has already initiated a number of activities like
- Preparation of Printed Reading Material
- Organizing National Seminar
- Popular Lecture Series are organized every year
- Undertaken Research Projects
- 18 Hours Study Programme is organized on 14th April every year on the occasion of Dr. B.R Ambedkar’s Birth Anniversary
- Daily Prayer is held by our University’s Lady Sweepers
- Folk Lecture Series & Lecture Competition among students.
- Video Show of Movies on “Dr.B.R. Ambedkar”.
- Audio Songs on the works and Vision of Babasaheb Ambedkar.
Research Projects by the Faculties of University
- Socio-Economic Status and Occupational Aspirations of the SC and ST Students of Higher Education in Western • Vidarbha Region of Maharashtra: An Analytical Study, Completed By: Dr. K. B.Nayak & Mr. K.U. Raut
Socio-economic factors of Farmer’s Suicide in Western Vidarbha: An Empirical Study, Completed By, Dr. K. B. Nayak & Mr. K.U.Raut.
- Dr. Ambedkar’s vision on ‘ Equality ’ and role of ‘law for its execution: An analysis in the light of constituent • • Assembly Debates Undertaken By : Dr. V. S. Chowbe. (On going)
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s Vision on Educational Development of the Schedule Caste Children: A Study in The • Slum Areas of Amravati City’’ Undertaken By : Dr. G. L. Gulhane. (on going)
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s Rare Photos Prepared By Shri. P.S. Tidke.
- National Seminar on “Relevance of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s Thoughts on Development of Contemporary India” organized on 16th and 17th March 2007
- Exhibition on “ Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Rare Photos” & Display of Reading Material ( 12 Volumes of the Constituent Assembly, 02 e-books, 01 Edited Book (in Marathi) from 14th April to 16th April 2010.
- 18 Hour Study Program on 13th April every Year.
- Daily Prayer by Lady Sweepers of the University.
- Preparation of an edited Book (in Marathi) on “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Vision on Development in Future India”, 14th April 2010.
- Preparation of an edited Book (in Marathi) on “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Thought on Sustainable Development of Indian Society” (on going).
Popular Lecture Series
- Dr. Bhaskar Laxman Bhole, Nagpur, “ Sadhashiti Ani Dr. Babasaheb. Ambedkaranche Vichar’’.
- Justice M.B. Ghodeswar, Nagpur, “ Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Ani Sansdiya Kryapranali’’
- Prof. Jogendra Kawade, “Samajik Samteshivay Samrudhi Arthhin Tharel’’
- Dr.Hon’ble Shri C.L.Thool, Chairman, Human Rights Commission,
- Maharashtra State was invited to deliver on “Role of Human Rights Commission in Socio-Economic Development of the Society.
- Dr. Madukarrao Kasare, Wardha, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkarancha Samajik Nyacha Ladha’’
- Dr. Narendra Jadhav, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkaranche vichar ani navya phidhisamoril ahawane
Activities Proposed under XI Plan
- Digitization of Dr.Babasahab Ambedkar’s Original Contributions
- To introduce PG, M.Phil & Ph.D courses on Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Thoughts.
- Preparation of More Reading Materials and Editing Books
- Collection of Related Books and Journals
- Exhibition of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s rare Photos
- Organization of Seminars, Workshops etc.
- Organization of Popular Lecture Series and Folk Lecture Series
- To Undertake More Research Projects on the “Problems of Marginalized Communities in India”
- Undertaking Extension Activities in Rural and Urban Localities